COUNTERBALANCED FORKLIFTS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
With thousands of lift truck related injuries and fatalities occurring each year, this online Counterbalanced Forklifts course aims to reduce the risks related to sit-down, vertical mast forklifts by teaching you how to become a safe lift truck operator.
This course was written to comply with the requirements for theory training as outlined in both the CSA Standard B335 as well as the ANSI Standard B56.1.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
COUNTERBALANCED FORKLIFTS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
- The need to reduce risk to people, products, and property
- Lift truck fundamentals, including components and their functions
- The principles of balance, stability, and capacity
- The importance of a pre-operational inspection
- The procedures for completing both a visual and operational inspection
- How to safely enter, exit, and operate lift trucks
- How to operate lift trucks around pedestrians
- Guidelines for parking a lift truck
- Safe methods for picking up, moving, and deploying loads
- Procedures for surviving incidents
- Safe procedures for fueling gasoline and diesel powered lift trucks
- Safe procedures for replacing liquid petroleum tanks
- The proper methods for changing, charging, and adding water to industrial batteries
- And more
COUNTERBALANCED FORKLIFTS ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 2.5 hours
COUNTERBALANCED FORKLIFTS ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online Counterbalanced Forklifts course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course two times if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Supplemental materials for this course can be accessed online.
COUNTERBALANCED FORKLIFTS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. Please note that, in some jurisdictions, additional practical evaluation on equipment may be required to ensure regulatory compliance.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
COUNTERBALANCED FORKLIFTS ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW
Purchasing multiple courses? Click here.