RIGHT TURNS-LEFT TURNS-INTERSECTIONS COURSE OVERVIEW
Successful commercial motor vehicle (or CMV) drivers must do all that they can to properly negotiate turns and intersections. This course demonstrates safe turn and intersection techniques in a variety of situations, including city and rural driving, single- and multi-lane roads, narrow streets, one-way streets, and roundabouts.
This course is designed to help prepare drivers to follow the proper steps in making right turns, left turns, and handling intersections.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Follow guidelines for negotiating turns and intersections
- Describe techniques for compensating for off-tracking
- Explain how to make both left-hand turns and right-hand turns correctly
- State the most common turning mistakes
- Describe the proper steps in approaching intersections
- Explain the guidelines for maneuvering in a roundabout
RIGHT TURNS-LEFT TURNS-INTERSECTIONS COURSE TOPICS:
- Safety Guidelines
- Know Your Vehicle
- Planning Your Route
- Right Turns – Step-by-Step Procedure
- Left Turns – Step-by-Step Procedure
- Step-by-Step Procedure to Follow
- Handling Roundabouts
- Weather Considerations
RIGHT TURNS-LEFT TURNS-INTERSECTIONS COURSE DURATION: Approximately 45 minutes
RIGHT TURNS-LEFT TURNS-INTERSECTIONS TESTING: Testing conducted in this online Right Turns-Left Turns-Intersections course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
RIGHT TURNS-LEFT TURNS-INTERSECTIONS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
RIGHT TURNS-LEFT TURNS-INTERSECTIONS COURSE PREVIEW:
Purchasing multiple courses? Click here.