Traffic Control (Flagger)
Upon successful completion of this course, you should understand:
- The importance of proper work methods, physical fitness, professionalism, and clothing regulations.
- The signs, barriers, flags, STOP/SLOW paddle, and lights employees use at the work site.
- Where to position himself/herself for optimum safety, how to judge traffic speed and congestion, and regulate it accordingly.
- Common methods to communicate with other flaggers and the public.
- The various types of warning signs, channeling devices, and tapers and how they are set up.
- The special equipment and precautions associated with night and freeway flagging.
- General Guidelines
- Barriers, Signs, and Lights
- Regulating Traffic
- Flagger Communication
- Setting Up
- Special Cases
Approximately 50 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.