|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
This is an awareness course for Joint Health & Safety Committee members. To become certified member of Joint Health & Safety Committee in Ontario, Ministry of Labor requirements are that you take classroom based training delivered by certified instructors.
In Ontario, a joint health and safety committee is required by law in many workplaces, including those with 20 or more workers. Ontario legislation also requires employers to provide special training to select committee members.
This course is a flexible and cost-effective way to get your committee off to a great start. It offers guidance on how to establish a new committee, how a committee can perform its functions and how it can be effective. Members will learn how to fulfill their principal duties, while employers will understand how committees assist in ensuring workplace health and safety.
The many sample checklists, policies and forms can be customized for any specific work environment.
Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with WSPS, this course also features case studies, review quizzes, “Ask a Question”, and access to resources from CCOHS and WSPS. Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- The roles of committees in ensuring health and safety in the workplace
- How a committee is established
- An effective committee
- Resolving issues
- Workplace inspections
- Accident and incident investigations
- The committee’s role in resolving work refusals
Upon completion of the course you will have a better understanding of how to:
- Fulfill your duties as a committee member
- Respond to workplace concerns
- Investigate accidents
- Assist in resolving workplace health and safety issues
- Identify and take steps to control workplace hazards
- Find helpful health and safety information, including resources from CCOHS and WSPS
Average time to complete this course is 1 hour.
- Joint health and safety committee members in Ontario
- Human resources and other managers in Ontario who have responsibilities for health and safety, training and compliance
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet – and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.