|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
CCOHS’ Office Ergonomics in Ontario e-learning course provides a practical introduction to Office Ergonomics. The course deals specifically with problems and injuries related to the use of computers and other office equipment.
Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with WSPS, this course also features case studies, review quizzes, “Ask a Question”, and access to resources from CCOHS and WSPS. Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
The goal of the course is to provide you with the knowledge to help find solutions to ergonomic issues in your workplace.
- Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders (WMSD)
- Ergonomic Risks
- Stages of WMSD
- Applying ergonomics to components of the Office Environment
- The Workstation and the Worker
- References, quizzes and an exam to test participants’ knowledge
Upon completion of this course you will be able to :
- Recognize the early signs of discomfort that can arise while working with office equipment
- Learn the factors responsible for such discomfort
- Participate in assessing, controlling and preventing Ergonomic problems and injuries
Average time to complete this course is 40 – 60 minutes.
- Ontario workers and supervisors, whether experienced or new to modern office work
- Health and Safety Professionals
- Human Resource Experts
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet – and you are ready to go! This e-learning course lets you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.