About Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness Training
Supervisors require an introduction to their requirements and responsibilities in the workplace in order to properly understand and carry out their roles efficiently.
This Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness training will address the legal requirements and responsibilities for supervisors working in Ontario.
It will also cover the identification of workplace hazards, and where assistance is available for supervisors.
*We also keep the records for you to access at any time.
Every effort will be made to ensure that the objectives of the course will appeal to the most diverse audience possible. Given the right information, you will be able to put into practice the various learning objectives we will discuss in this course.
- The importance of the supervisor
- How to recognize legal duties outlined in the Act
- How to support workers’ rights
- Common workplace hazards
- Where to obtain assistance
- How to lead others in safety practices
Who Needs Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness Training?
- Supervisors in Ontario in construction and general industry
- Business owners
The Importance of the Supervisor
- Identify the importance of a supervisor
- Roles a supervisor plays
- Duties of workplace parties
Working within the Internal Responsibility System
- Internal Responsibility System
- Bilateral work stoppage
Hazards in the workplace
- Common hazards
- Responsibilities and hazards
- Dealing with Hazards-RACE
- Monitoring work
- Safety concerns
- Responding to events
- Training the supervisor
- Assisting the supervisor
- Health and safety solutions
Motivating and Leading Others
- Safety is a behaviour
- Safety motivation
- Safety leadership
- Communicate effectively
- Communication and discipline
- Set high standards
- Employee involvement
- Supervisor practices