FIRST AID BASICS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online course is designed to help learners respond appropriately to first aid and emergency situations that may arise at work, home, and around the community. This course is intended to teach basic first aid only; it is not a substitute for full first aid training and certification or CPR training and certification.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify situations that require first aid response
- Assess an environment for safety
- Prioritize and apply first aid measures
- Evaluate appropriate responses to a person in distress
- Select a person to assist when other people are available
- Communicate effectively with 911 and emergency medical service (EMS) personnel
- Summarize the importance of company emergency plans, procedures, and policies
FIRST AID BASICS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Someone Needs Help
- Two Critical Steps
- When at Work
- Your Role
- The Person Is Unconscious
- What Is Unconsciousness
- Four Steps for Unconsciousness
- The Person Is Conscious – 12 First Aid Emergencies
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Broken Bone
- Diabetic Emergency
- Head Injury and Concussion
- Heart Attack
- Strains and Sprains
- A Victim’s Distress
- Communicate with 911 and EMS
FIRST AID BASICS ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 60 minutes
FIRST AID BASICS TESTING: Testing conducted in this online First Aid Basics course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
FIRST AID BASICS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. Please note that this certificate is not a substitute for full first aid training and certification or CPR training and certification.
FIRST AID BASICS ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW:
Purchasing multiple courses? Click here.