Wherever people interact at work there is a potential for violence, regardless of the job. This course helps frontline supervisors, workers and anyone else with an interest in workplace safety develop a clear understanding of what workplace violence is, the consequences of workplace violence and preventive measures that can be taken.
- Defining the scope of workplace violence, including harassment
- Risk factors of workplace violence
- Why workplace violence is an important issue
- How to reduce the risks
- Preventive measures
- What to do when involved in an incident of workplace violence
- Legal responsibilities of employers to prevent workplace violence
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the complexity of workplace violence and harassment
- Identify incidents of workplace violence
- Know what occupations and jobs are at higher risk for violence
- Understand why workplace violence is such an important issue
- Know what to do if you are involved in or witness a violent situation
- Understand what the employer should do, including their legal responsibilities
Average time to complete this course is about one hour.
This course is designed for frontline supervisors and workers.
If you need to develop and implement a workplace violence prevention program in your organization, see the course, Violence in the Workplace – Establish a Prevention Program.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet – and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.