FORMALDEHYDE SAFETY COURSE OVERVIEW
Internationally, over 46 billion pounds of formaldehyde are produced each year. As a medical preservative and sterilizing agent, formaldehyde is recognized as one of the most common toxic elements found in industry. It has become a leading cause of workplace illness, and the risk of exposure is more prevalent than ever before.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the hazards of formaldehyde
- Identify how workers can be exposed
- Describe the health effects of formaldehyde
- Identify the exposure controls for protecting against formaldehyde hazards
- Identify how to respond to a formaldehyde spill or release
This course was designed to help satisfy requirements of the 29 CFR 1910.1048 (n) “Formaldehyde.”
FORMALDEHYDE SAFETY COURSE TOPICS
- Recognizing formaldehyde hazards
- Health effects of formaldehyde exposure
- Exposure controls
- Event response and first aid
FORMALDEHYDE SAFETY COURSE DURATION: Approximately 30 minutes
FORMALDEHYDE SAFETY COURSE ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
FORMALDEHYDE SAFETY CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Purchasing multiple courses? Click here.