FLAMMABLE LIQUID SAFETY COURSE OVERVIEW
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), around 1,400 fires occur annually in which flammable or combustible liquids were first ignited. Direct property damage is approximately $76 million dollars each year.
As you can see, flammable liquids must be handled with care. Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of flammable liquids
- Recognize hazards inherent with work involving flammable liquids
- Identify the safety requirements for the use of flammable liquids on the job
- Recognize the storage requirements for flammable liquids at a work facility
- Describe the principles of flashpoint protection when working with flammable liquids
- Demonstrate the steps for inspecting inventories of flammable liquids in the workplace
This course was designed to help satisfy requirements of the following regulations:
- 29 CFR 1910.106 Flammable Liquids, Subpart H, “Hazardous Materials”
- 29 CFR 1910. 1200, “Hazard Communication”
FLAMMABLE LIQUID SAFETY COURSE TOPICS
- How to identify flammable liquids
- Hazard recognition
- Safety requirements
- Flashpoint protection
- Inventory inspections
FLAMMABLE LIQUID SAFETY COURSE DURATION: Approximately 40 minutes
FLAMMABLE LIQUID SAFETY COURSE ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
FLAMMABLE LIQUID SAFETY CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Purchasing multiple courses? Click here.