LEAD AWARENESS COURSE OVERVIEW
Lead is one of the most common toxic elements found in industry and is a leading cause of workplace illness. According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, despite improvements in public health policies and substantial reductions in blood lead levels (BLLs) in adults, lead exposure remains an important health problem worldwide. Approximately 95% of all elevated BLLs reported among adults in the United States are work-related.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the hazards of lead in the workplace
- Identify how lead can enter the body
- Identify the health effects of lead overexposure
- Identify where lead is found
- Identify OSHA’s permissible exposure limit for lead
- Identify practices for limiting lead exposure
- Identify the purpose for monitoring airborne lead exposure
- Recognize the requirements for using PPE such as respirators and protective clothing
- Recognize housekeeping and hygiene practices that limit lead exposure
- Recognize the two components of the medical surveillance program
- Identify the purpose of the Medical Removal Program and its benefits
- Identify recordkeeping requirements
This course was designed to help satisfy requirements of the following regulations:
- OSHA Standards, 29 CFR 1910.1025, Lead
- OSHA Standards, 29 CFR 1910.1025, App B
- Subpart X, “Employee Information and Training,” Paragraph L
- Subpart Z, “Toxic and Hazardous Substances”
LEAD AWARENESS COURSE TOPICS
- Lead hazards
- Effects of lead in the body
- Common sources of lead
- Limiting lead exposure
- Personal protective equipment
- Medical surveillance and the Medical Removal Program
LEAD AWARENESS COURSE DURATION: Approximately 35 minutes
LEAD AWARENESS COURSE ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
LEAD AWARENESS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Purchasing multiple courses? Click here.