HYDROGEN SULFIDE FOR OIL & GAS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online course familiarizes oil and gas workers with the hazards of hydrogen sulfide (H2S), detection methods, and best responses to H2S exposure and release.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify potentially dangerous properties of H2S
- Describe sources of H2S exposure
- Determine when exposures are not within safe H2S exposure limits
- Summarize protective measures to guard against H2S exposure
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment to protect against H2S hazards
- Plan an escape route given an area’s wind direction and terrain
- Recognize symptoms of H2S exposure
- Respond appropriately to an emergency release of H2S
This course was designed to help satisfy the training requirements of the following regulations:
- 29 CFR 1910.1200
- 29 CFR 1910.119
- ANSI Z390.1-2006
HYDROGEN SULFIDE FOR OIL & GAS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Dangerous properties of H2S
- Sources of H2S exposure
- Exposure limits
- Methods for controlling exposure
- Escape routes
- Symptoms of H2S exposure
- Emergency action plans and response procedures
HYDROGEN SULFIDE FOR OIL & GAS ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 90 minutes
HYDROGEN SULFIDE FOR OIL & GAS ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted in this online Hydrogen Sulfide for Oil & Gas course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
HYDROGEN SULFIDE FOR OIL & GAS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
HYDROGEN SULFIDE FOR OIL & GAS ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW:
Purchasing multiple courses? Click here.