WASTEWATER AND STORM WATER MANAGEMENT COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Wastewater and Storm Water Management course provides a background on regulations and requirements for wastewater, storm water, and septic systems. Wastewater is generated during commercial or industrial activities where water becomes contaminated before it is discharged. Storm water contamination occurs where the runoff from precipitation events at industrial facilities picks up contamination that can adversely affect water quality.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the regulatory background and requirements for wastewater, storm water, and septic system discharges
- Identify potential sources of industrial wastewater and potential contaminants
- Identify wastewater permitting requirements for municipal systems and surface water discharges
- Identify potential sources of storm water
- Identify storm water permitting requirements for facilities
- Describe the components of a typical Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
This course was designed to help satisfy requirements of the following regulations:
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
- 40 CFR 438
- Appendix D – SIC Code Categories
WASTEWATER AND STORM WATER MANAGEMENT COURSE TOPICS
- Regulatory background for wastewater, storm water, and septic system discharges
- Industrial wastewater discharges
- Storm water discharges
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) requirements
WASTEWATER AND STORM WATER MANAGEMENT COURSE DURATION: Approximately 35 minutes
WASTEWATER AND STORM WATER MANAGEMENT COURSE ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
WASTEWATER AND STORM WATER MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Purchasing multiple courses? Click here.