Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with WSPS, this intensive but popular course provides managers and supervisors in Ontario with the information they need to carry out their health and safety responsibilities, prevent workplace injuries and illnesses, and develop a positive safety culture at work.
- Introduction to Health and Safety Training for Managers
- Safety Principles and Risk Management
- Hazard Recognition and Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Fire Prevention
- Occupational Hygiene
- Workplace Inspection and Accident Investigation
- Program Development and Implementation
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Find OH&S legislation that is applicable to Ontario
- Know your health and safety responsibilities in Ontario
- Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities
- Identify hazards and develop safe work practices
- Take leadership in developing and implementing an OH&S program
- Understand consequences of non-compliance
- Exercise due diligence
Average time to complete this course is 8-9 hours.
- Forepersons / Team leads
- Others with an interest in workplace health and safety
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
This online course offers the following credits/points:
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) 0.5 CM Point
- Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists (CRBOH) 1.0 Maintenance Points (approval #2013-105)
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet – and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.