Validity of certifications
- No expiry
- Clear communication in English language
- Must have ability to operate radio station
- Person who wants to challenge the test, needs to purchase Self Study Kit ($55.00). The kit contains manual and CD. It can be picked up at 1928, 74 St. SW, Edmonton, AB, T6X 0K3, or will be mailed by Canada Post without any additional charge.
- Minimum 42 questions out of 60 must be answered correctly
- At least 2 out of 3 verbal questions must be answered correctly
- If unsuccessful at first attempt, there is a fee of $37.50 for every additional attempt. Re-examination cannot be taken at the same day
What to Study (Radio Self Study)
- In module 1, you will be taught the uses of marine radios, choice of frequencies, operation, phonetic alphabet, procedural words and phrases.
- Module 2 covers Digital Selective Calling and the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System, (DSC/GMDSS). All mariners, including recreational boaters, will want to take advantage of the many features and capabilities of this innovative form “automatic” radio.
- CD supplied with the Marine Radio Self Study contains CD (if requested it can be copied onto memory stick) provides computer based simulation of operation of the Marine VHF radio
Self Study Materials
- See Restricted Radio Operator’s Certificate, Marine VHF – Self Study Guide
- After passing the test, temporary (3 month) will be issued to successful candidate.
- It may take up to 2 month for Canadian Power and Sails Squadron to sent you Restricted Radio Operator’s certification (Marine VHF)
Cezary Giluk, 780-983-0155, firstname.lastname@example.org