Rigging Safety – Vivid
This lesson will teach you how to safely rig loads that will be moved by cranes, hoists, or other equipment. This includes planning a lift, inspecting and selecting slings, determining a load’s weight, using a sling angle chart, and working with a crane operator.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of how to identify:
- Advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of each type of sling
- Inspection criteria for slings and rigging hardware
- Questions a rigger should ask while planning for a lift
- The methods for determining a load’s weight, the factors that impact the sling’s lifting capacity, and how to balance the load
- Characteristics of vertical, choker, and basket hitches
- Hazards posed by working near a crane and the safe practices for avoiding them
- Selecting and Inspecting Rigging Equipment
- Planning the Lift
- Following Safe Practices
Approximately 30 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.