|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
An investigation is an “after the fact” response. It is a process that uncovers hazards or problems that can be eliminated so similar events will not happen in the future.
CCOHS’ Accident Investigation in Ontario e-Learning course is an introduction to accident investigation within Ontario workplaces. It presents a practical approach to investigating workplace accidents by emphasizing how to find the root cause(s), conduct an investigation, and make effective recommendations to prevent similar occurrences from ever happening again.
Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with WSPS, this course also features case studies, review quizzes, “Ask a Question”, and access to resources from CCOHS and WSPS. Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- What to investigate and why
- Being prepared (policies/procedures, team, investigation kit)
- What to do first (providing medical care, dealing with the immediate risk)
- How to conduct an Ontario Workplace Investigation
- Secure and evaluate the accident scene
- Collect evidence and gather facts
- Interview witnesses
- Analyze and find the “root cause”
- Report and Follow Up
Upon completion of this course you will know how to:
- Be prepared with a policy, team, and investigation kit;
- Conduct a complete investigation, including how to assess the accident scene, collect evidence and interview witnesses;
- Conduct an analysis and find the root causes;
- Report and follow up.
Average time to complete this course is about 50-60 minutes.
- Ontario joint health and safety committee members, managers, supervisors and workers who may be involved in accident investigation
- Facility managers, human resources managers, senior managers and others with responsibilities for conducting an investigations or implementing changes resulting from an investigation
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet – and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.